On Saturday, 2nd of November 2019, the 27th edition of the Wharton Africa Business Forum converged to discuss important topics relating to the economic development of the African continent. This forum drew industry professionals from the finance, technology and creative industries. Olu Oyinsan, General Partner – Oui Capital featured as a panelist to discuss “The Future of VC/Tech in Africa”.
Key issues that were discussed include;
- The current state of the venture capital industry on the African continent.
- The amount of funds raised in comparison to capital deployed and exits.
- Other technology areas that are attractive from an investment perspective.
- Talent recruitment
- The potential for scaling a technology venture to different countries, regions and their challenges.
- Investment process differentiation between the US and Africa.
Other panelists featured include Caine Wanjau (CTO, Twiga Foods), Efayomi Carr (Head, Strategic Finance, Lori Systems), and Debo Olaosebikan (Co-Founder/CTO, Gigster). The panel was moderated by Professor Stephen Sammut, who is also an Investor and Founder.
See pictures from the event.